- The projected healthcare costs for a healthy 65-year-old couple are $363,000 1
- There will be an estimated 1.7 million new cancer diagnoses in 2018 2
- In a survey that asked workers what concerns them most about their financial futures, the top answer was “an unexpected personal or family health crisis” 3
Life is unpredictable. We all know it, yet we often approach our lives as if we could see the future. The reality is that none of us really knows what the future holds. So how can we plan for it? With education and preparation. As the old adage goes, “Hope for the best and prepare for the worst.”
The journey to retirement presents a number of small, but important, decisions along the way. This is especially true when it comes to our Wealth + Health, as both are key to a successful retirement plan.
Expected and unexpected healthcare expenses can have a significant impact on a client’s retirement. Here’s one example of ways to plan for, and adapt to, changing financial and physical needs.
You help your clients work toward having the right investments and saving enough for retirement. But have you also wondered how they would fare in the event of an unexpected health crisis? Or what you can do now to help increase their chances of successfully getting through it? By implementing a financial plan that addresses both Wealth + Health, they’ll have the right tools to effectively navigate their journey.
Things to Consider:
- Help clients prioritize both their fiscal and physical wellness today to help protect their tomorrow
- Share this helpful guide with clients who are caring for loved ones: A Caregiver’s Field Guide to Financial Strategies for Those Living with Dementia
- Provide clients fighting cancer with A Field Guide to Life After a Cancer Diagnosis
1 “2018 Retirement Health Care Costs Data Report©,” HealthView Services, 2018.
2 “Facts & Figures,” The American Cancer Society, 2018
3 “Transamerica Wealth and Health Survey,” Luntz Global Partners, 2016
Neither Transamerica nor its agents or representatives may provide medical, tax, investment, or legal advice. Anyone to whom this material is promoted, marketed, or recommended should consult with and rely on their own independent tax and legal advisors and financial professional regarding their particular situation and the concepts presented herein.
Transamerica Resources, Inc. is an Aegon company and is affiliated with various companies which include, but are not limited to, insurance companies and broker dealers. Transamerica Resources, Inc. does not offer insurance products or securities. The information provided is for educational purposes only and should not be construed as, medical, insurance, securities, tax, legal or financial advice or guidance. Please consult your personal independent advisors for answers to your specific questions.