Preparing today can help keep a legacy intact
Foreign nationals who regularly visit, do business, or own property in the United States may be unaware of the potential estate tax exposure they may face. Our life insurance solutions can help address this very issue.
Transamerica understands this select customer
- We have over 100 years in the insurance business, 20 of those in the foreign nationals market.
- We were one of the first to focus on international underwriting with a dedicated team available to discuss cases.
- Policyholders get the option of term and permanent life insurance that they won't find with many other carriers.
- Qualified residents of A and B countries are eligible for our best risk classes.
Key program highlights
Preparing today can help keep a legacy intact tomorrow
- Up to best class for A and B countries
- Available to qualified residents of 47 countries
- A clear definition of required U.S. ties
Transamerica Financial Choice IUL® (FCIUL), Transamerica Financial Foundation IUL® (FFIUL), Trendsetter® Super (excludes Trendsetter® LB), and Transamerica Lifetime
A/B/C country retention* and auto-bind limits (the “auto-issue” limits) are $25 million/$20 million/$7 million within a $35 million Jumbo Limit*
Face Amount Minimums:
All product minimums are $1 million unless Minimum No Lapse Premium/Paid Annual premium equals $5,000 or greater. Otherwise minimums are as indicated below:
- FCIUL: $250,000
- FFIUL: $250,000
- Trendsetter Super: $1,000,000
- Transamerica Lifetime: $250,000
Multi-Applicant "Eligible Group" Scenarios
The MNLP can be met on multi-applicant (husband/wife; immediate families; business partners, etc.) “eligible group” scenarios as long as at least one applicant in the group meets the basic minimum. The “eligible group” to be considered must be clearly stated by the agent at time of submission(s). An “eligible group” must demonstrate an obvious, common relationship between/among the applicants (“same agent”/”same agency” cannot be one of the criterion). Bulk submission of otherwise unrelated cases also cannot be used to meet the minimums established herein. Underwriting reserves sole discretion to judge the validity of an “eligible group.”
- Minimum global net worth = $1 million (USD)
- Third-party financials over $3 million death benefit
- Inspection reports over $10 million death benefit
* For Transamerica Financial Life Insurance Company, the maximum face amount is limited to internal retention amounts only.
We make it easy to do business with us
Transamerica has a team of knowledgeable and experienced underwriters available to help provide great service and fast turnaround times.
Nonresident underwriting guide
A checklist with rules, requirements, procedures, and forms needed for these applications.
Resident and foreign travel underwriting guide
Country codes, visa eligibility, and employment authorization codes required for these applications.
Estate tax guide for foreign nationals
What your clients need to know about U.S. estate and gift tax, and how it could impact their legacy.
We're committed to helping families build a solid foundation for today and tomorrow. Partner with a highly rated company.
Get to know us
Take a look at our solutions to help families pursue long-term wellness, both financially and physically.
Our financial strength
Transamerica offers strength and reliability that can help customers take control of their financial lives.
We have a 100-year history of helping people protect their future.